- Competition Level：
- Professional (Contestants in the level is an employee of a dance company or practice any type of dances for more than 20 hours per week)
- Instructor (Contestants in the level are instructors who teaches any type of dances)
- Competitive (Contestants in the level practice any type of dances for more than 4 hours per week)
- Intermediate (Contestants in the level practice any type of dances for more than 2 hours but less than 4 hours per week)
- Recreational (Contestants in the level practice any type of dances for less than 2 hours per week)
Please register according to the actual practice time. If found false, the organizing committee has the right to cancel the registration
- Dance Categories:
- Chinese Classical Dance
- Chinese Classical Dance (Han/Tang Dynasty)
- Chinese Folk Dance
- Contemporary Dance
- Other (i.e., Modern Dance, International Ballroom Dance, Tap, Jazz, etc.)
- Group Categories (contestants only allow to register in one group category:
- Time Limit:
- Solo / Duet / Trio: Maximum 3 minutes
- Small Group (4-10 dancers): Maximum 5 minutes
- Large Group (11-24 dancers): Maximum 6 minutes
- Super Group (25+ dancers): Maximum 8 minutes
- USD $25 will be applied for every 1-30 seconds the dance exceeds the time limit
- Any dance exceed more than 2 minutes will not qualified to compete
- Age Group: (Age Group will be assigned based on the age on July 1st, 2021; Duet/Trio/Group dances will be calculated by average of all dancers)
Recreational, Intermediate, Competitive Levels
|• Young Children: Age 5-7
• Children Group A: Age 8-10
• Children Group B: Age 11-12
• Teen Group A: Age 13-15
• Teen Group B: Age 16-18
• Young Adult A: Age 19-29
• Young Adult B: Age 30-35
• Adult Group A: Age 36-49
• Adult Group B: Age 50-70
|• Teen Group A: Age 13-15
• Teen Group B: Age 16-18
• Young Adult: Age 19-35
• Adult Group: Age 35+
• Group A: Age 29 and below
• Group B: Age 30+
- The organizing committee hold the right to determine the number of each award based on the number of routines registered for the competition. The follow awards will be given based on the rank of the routine
- Elite Platinum – individual certificate and 1 trophy per routine
- Platinum – individual certificate and 1 trophy per routine
- Gold – individual certificate and 1 trophy per routine
- Other Awards:
- Judge’s Choice – individual certificate and 1 trophy per routine
- Taoli Spirits (Best Technique, Best Expression, Best Teamwork, etc.) – individual certificate and 1 trophy per routine
- Original Choreography – Elite Platinum and Platinum award winners’ original choreography (indicated in contestants’ entry forms) – 1 certificate per routine
- Teaching Excellence – instructors with three or more Elite Platinum and Platinum award winners – 1 certificate and 1 trophy per organization
- Any of the above award may be unfulfilled
- The Organizing Committee reserves the rights for the final decisions
- Music Files:
- Music file must be in .mp3 format, any other formats will not be accepted.
- Music file must be uploaded to the registration system before July 1st, 2021, late submission will not be accepted.
- Music files will be played by the organizer. Contestants are required to have the backup music in case it cannot played correctly.
- Group Dance (4+ dancers) Video Files:
- The video file must be in .mp4 or .mov format, any other formats will not be accepted.
- The video file must be uploaded to the registration system before June 20th, 2021, late submission will not be accepted.
- The video file must be this year’s recording; if found to be untrue, the video will be disqualified.
- Videos performed in other competitions or videos used for commercial purposes are strictly prohibited.
- The dancers in the videos must be the participant registered. If improper behavior such as replacing the participant is found, the committee will take corresponding measures.
- Please keep the video background clean, prefer no school logos, dancers names and/or any other factors to ensure fairness.
- Video correction or editing are not allowed. If found, the video will be disqualified.
- When recording the video, please keep widescreen, and landscape shooting. Ensure quality lighting to clearly displayed the dancers.
- The music must be loud and clearly heard in the recording of the video.
- Additional Requirement
- Dances should be suitable for the audience of any age.
- Any promotion of religious belief and/or political propaganda is prohibited.